Lamoille Neighbors is a nonprofit, grassroots, membership organization serving residents age 50 and over in the Lamoille area.
This membership includes access to all programs that Lamoille Neighbors offers including all cultural, educational, and social events and access to these services:
- Computer and Technology Help: For Mac, PC or both, volunteers can show how tablets work, get you online for a zoom event, and help with your phone or TV.
- Gardening: We offer light weeding, planting, raking-particularly spring and fall clean up, watering the garden, and help with indoor plants
- Handy work: Assistance around the home involving reaching, lifting, carrying heavy loads and help with some tasks such as: change a light bulb, hang a picture, carry out the recycling or pull-out the garbage cans, stack firewood, changing storm windows and screens, light rearranging of furniture, clean gutters, minor home repairs, and changing the batteries in smoke & CO2 detectors.
- Social Activities: A volunteer could come to your home and provide a friendly visit, visit outdoors, read aloud books/magazines or documents, read email or snail mail messages, sort mail, play cards or board games, work on a puzzle, listen to personal stories, just chatting, go for a walk in the neighborhood, deliver and return library books, pick up mail, get stamps, help wrap presents, box packages, provide respite for a few hours for a member who is a family caregiver, sew on a button, mend a seam, or hem a dress or pants.
- Transportation/Driving: Volunteer drivers will take a member to an appointment, event, or location as desired, such as take a member to do grocery shopping or shop and deliver groceries. Drivers can take a member to the beauty salon, a medical appointment, to church or synagogue or a meeting, to a movie or performance.
- Navigate the Healthcare System: A volunteer can assist with filling out forms, take notes during a visit to a medical provider, straighten out insurance forms and assist with scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Pre & Post Surgery Care (short term):Volunteers can provide meals post-surgery, take care of pet’s needs (feeding, walking, change kitty litter), and do some light housework, and laundry.