Lamoille Neighbors is a nonprofit, grassroots, membership organization servingresidents age 50 and over in the Lamoille area.
- Computer and Technology Help: For Mac, PC or both, volunteers can show how tablets work, get you online for a zoom event, and help with your phone or TV.
- Gardening: We offer light weeding, planting, raking-particularly spring and fall clean up, watering the garden, and help with indoor plants
- Handy work: Assistance around the home involving reaching, lifting, carrying heavy loads and help with some tasks such as: change a light bulb, hang a picture, carry out the recycling or pull-out the garbage cans, stack firewood, changing storm windows and screens, light rearranging of furniture, clean gutters, minor home repairs, and changing the batteries in smoke & CO2 detectors.
- Social Activities: A volunteer could come to your home and provide a friendly visit, visit outdoors, read aloud books/magazines or documents, read email or snail mail messages, sort mail, play cards or board games, work on a puzzle, listen to personal stories, just chatting, go for a walk in the neighborhood, deliver and return library books, pick up mail, get stamps, help wrap presents, box packages, provide respite for a few hours for a member who is a family caregiver, sew on a button, mend a seam, or hem a dress or pants.
- Transportation/Driving: Volunteer drivers will take a member to an appointment, event, or location as desired, such as take a member to do grocery shopping or shop and deliver groceries. Drivers can take a member to the beauty salon, a medical appointment, to church or synagogue or a meeting, to a movie or performance.
- Navigate the Healthcare System: A volunteer can assist with filling out forms, take notes during a visit to a medical provider, straighten out insurance forms and assist with scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Pre & Post Surgery Care (short term):Volunteers can provide meals post-surgery, take care of pet’s needs (feeding, walking, change kitty litter), and do some light housework, and laundry.